Comm.C

From: Neuromancer (amarquez@TRINITY.EDU)
Date: 11/01/98

Hello out there,
        I've been working with the code for quite a while, and I've managed to get a lot of things done, but one thing that's always bugged me is having to skirt around the code in Comm.C whenever I've come across it, because I don't quite understand what's quite going on there. All the socket stuff is frankly new to me, and it bugs me that I don't understand it ... so rather than asking for help on any particular piece of Code, I'd just like to know if anyone could recommend a book or website that would help me understand what's going on in comm.c and how it all works with telnet.

Just to give an example or two ... I don't understand why the includes of direct.h and mmsystem.h for windows ... I'm also at a loss as to what sysdep.h does exactly ... it's that sort of thing that bugs me :)
 If someone could point me in the right direction ... I'd really appreciate it.

                                Help, Please?
                                                   -Neuromancer