Re: Comm.C

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 11/01/98

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 02:38:05 -0600 Neuromancer <amarquez@trinity.edu>
writes:
[snip]
>Just to give an example or two ... I don't understand why the includes
>of direct.h and mmsystem.h for windows ... I'm also at a loss as to
>what sysdep.h does exactly ... it's that sort of thing that bugs me :)
> If someone could point me in the right direction ... I'd really
>appreciate it.

OK, what sysdep.h does is work in conjunction with conf.h.  Sysdep.h is
responsible for the #include directives for various OS's and files.  If
you'll look in there, it'll say something like:

/* Header files that are only used in act.other.c */
#ifdef __ACT_OTHER_C__

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_STAT_H
# include <sys/stat.h>
#endif

#endif /* __ACT_OTHER_C__ */

And at the top of act.other.c

#define __ACT_OTHER_C__

And what conf.h does is define all those things like the HAVE_SYS_STAT_H
based on your operating system.  Hopefully that helps!

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html(Unfinished)