Re: [ADMIN][Win95] Circle Mud translated in C++

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 11/03/98

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:53:13 -0500 George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:
>On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Mathieu Nantel wrote:
>
>>    Has anyone been translating the Circle code which is in Ansi C to
>>C++ Object-Oriented mud code? If anyone has done this, please contact
>me
>>cause I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has done
>the
>>dirty job (of course, that is if the person wants to share his/her
>>code...).
>
>It's possible ("make CC=g++" works.)
>
>It's a lot of changes to do and I know one of the Chris' around here has

Chris Jacobson, of Aliens vs. Predator MUD(avp.ml.org:4444)

>done it.  General consensus is to not do it unless you really know C++.
>Otherwise, a MUD is ideally suited for it in many ways.

Just a question, but what is actually INVOLVED in converting a MUD to
C++?  What are some of the pros, cons?  Things that would need to be
changed?

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html(Unfinished)