Re: [ADMIN][Win95] Circle Mud translated in C++

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 11/03/98

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Phillip A. Ames wrote:

>>done it.  General consensus is to not do it unless you really know C++.
>>Otherwise, a MUD is ideally suited for it in many ways.
>
>Just a question, but what is actually INVOLVED in converting a MUD to
>C++?  What are some of the pros, cons?  Things that would need to be
>changed?

Well, a MUD consists of a lot of 'objects'.  That includes literal objects,
mobiles, players, and more abtract things (to the game) like sockets.  With
C++ you could (theoretically) 'give' a mobile to someone and treat it like
an object without huge tricks.  I'd say take a look at MUD++ if you want to
see what a C++ MUD would look like.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.