Re: [CODE] MAX_AFFECTS

From: Rick Glover (magik@THEGRID.NET)
Date: 11/09/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor <imestric@PUBLIC.SRCE.HR>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Sunday, November 08, 1998 12:33 PM
Subject:  [CODE] MAX_AFFECTS

>Again, i've conclude that the best way is to make an AFF2, (i've already
made
>PRF2) but it's a bit complicated then PRF2.
>So if someone can , please, point me what to duplicated to form a AFF2
>variable...
>(i'm specialy refering to the structs.h, because the basing things in
>utils.h are
>very easy to duplicate from AFF to AFF2)

The problem with doing affects this way is that you have to change or
duplicate all the affect handling code in handler.c and make sure that you
don't screw up the structure and leak memory all over your keyboard. 8)

Search the archives, there's lots of info there.  If you want some code,
there is 128 bitvectors patch (which I read through and still needs fixing)
or bitfields, which are Operating System and language dependant.  Also,
George mentioned that he was working on a similar method in a prior post a
while back.

http://post.queensu.ca/~listserv/wwwarch/circle.html

Rick