Re: [IDEA] System Tray, This is a windows thing

From: Andrew (object@alphalink.com.au)
Date: 11/27/98

>Has anyone ever developed something to make circlemud run in the system tray?
>
>I'm planning on doing so if nobody else has. I think this would be very
kewl because first when doing alt-tab you won't have to scroll through it
(oh wow.....) and it will clean up the task bar, prevent anyone else using
the computer when I am from turning it off and it gives me something to do
while I wait from my area builders to make thier areas. BTW Thier is still
openings for area builders if anyones wants to.

>    Thanks,
>    - Matt

Running an application in the System tray is a Win32 API function. And
seeing as CircleMUD
is a console app, and isn't using the Win32 API, it is fairly impossible...
unless you
reprogram the entire source. I don't really think it's worth it. But then,
if you use the
Win API (or MFC, or any windows programming source) you can have pretty
dialog boxes
etc. etc.

- Andrew