Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Circle Under Windows (was Re: NEWBIE)

From: Ryan Underwood (runderwo@mail.win.org)
Date: 11/30/98

But you talk about OS/2 in the past tense? True, it hasn't quite lived up
to what it was originally intended as, which was a desktop platform in the
style of Windows 95, but more stable; but it has found its niche in recent
years as a server platform. As an open advocate of OS/2 =) I have always
found it to be stable, reliable, and most of all, fast, compared to its
Microsoft counter-offerings. It's too bad the application support just
isn't there; OS/2 supports OpenGL, you'd think more people would port
games to it.

If you haven't tried it, I would urge you to check it out. IBM in the past
had an offer for a demonstration version of Warp, which was fully
functional, but did not have the BonusPak that comes with the retail
version, and which had a demo nag screen when you booted the system.
I'm not sure if this is still available.