[NEWBIE] doors again

From: Todd A Laycock (tlayco1@uic.edu)
Date: 12/03/98

I hope this question isn't as stupid as my last one.

How would you go about making a door that when you try to walk through it
(and it is closed) it doesn't tell you the name of it?

For instance if I were to type down in this room, and the down door name
is bushes, how could I get Circle to keep from saying:

    The bushes seems to be closed.

I'd rather have it say:

    Alas, you cannot go that way...

which is what it says when you try to leave in a non-existent exit.

I've seen it done elsewhere, I just don't know how you do it.

Any info is welcome.

Todd