Notes, Snapshots, and News

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/10/98

Jeremy had some free time so many things are back to normal:

1) My CVS access is back, so:

  http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/98120923-bpl14.patch.gz
  ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/98120923-bpl14.patch.gz
        (146,247 bytes)

  http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/98120923.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/98120923.tar.gz
        (988,256 bytes)

2) You may have noticed from the above that you can now access the
anonymous FTP area via http:// also.  You are encouraged to use the http://
form when looking through directories via a web browser as it is less work
for the server and will also be faster in responding. As an added bonus,
Apache automatically includes README files in the directory listing so you
don't have to download them manually to read them.

3) We can move things out of the anonymous FTP area now and hopefully
people can upload now too. :)

4) Remember that writing directly to Jeremy for help will incur a
relatively long delay compared to the CircleMUD mailing list or the
help@circlemud.org list.  You have no idea how busy he is. :)

5) The 98120923-bpl14.patch.gz contains everything in my CVS tree
currently.  Therefore, it is more up to date than the .tar.gz file which
reflects everything that has been committed to the offcial tree.  The
.tar.gz will eventually sync up with the .patch.gz but some things may
change in between.  Just a small warning for people testing who switch
between the two formats.  If you always use patches or tars then you won't
care.

6) Remember to send Jeremy a postcard for Christmas. :)
   (And Alex, but his address isn't posted that I know of.)

Tip of the day: Don't look in the mirror when you have chicken pox.[1]

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.

[1] Yes, I realize I'm awfully old to have had them last week but that's
    how life works.