[SLIGHTLY OFFTOPIC] [WIN/LINUX] Windows->Linux

From: Phillip A Ames (kirk47@juno.com)
Date: 12/17/98

Heya all, I finally got the chance to install Linux on my spare comp(Had
to wait for my brother to come back from college with the CD's).  Anyway,
I'm interested in converting my MUD from Windows to Linux, and I know
it's been discussed thousands of times before, but I'm going to
(hopefully) reduce the number of times its asked in the future by writing
a guide.  However, I've hit a snag.  Having rarely used Linux(I know the
_bare_ minimum :)) I don't know how to fire up a modem connection to my
ISP so I can FTP the MUD files from my main computer to the second(I know
of no better way).  Anyone out there have anything they'd like to
contribute to the guide, and any Linux Guru's out there want to help me
configure the ISP connection?  Thanks,

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html