Re: Things maybe

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 12/18/98

At 02:26 PM 12/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Mark A. Heilpern wrote:
>The SEVERE lack of documentation (I'm not
>talking about those web pages where the ONLY way you'll figure out that
>%actor% is the most commonly used variable is in one obscure sentence and
>a few references to "variable set: actor") adds to this problem, as there
>are many much more complete reference documents for mobprogs.

Have you read the docs on my page
(http://www.mindspring.com/~heilpern/dg_scripts)? They were originally based
on the docs from the Death's Gate mud, but since I've added so much to the
DG Scripts distribution, I've also done a lot of significant work woth the
docs.
(For example, though I know that actor.field is only an example and you
probably have other issues,
http://www.mindspring.com/~heilpern/dg_scripts/variables.html lists most, if
not all of the available fields.)

If you've suggestions on how I can improve the doc page to make things
more friendly, I'm open to hearing what they are.

As a side note, there are other DG Doc pages out there that may resemble
mine; when I was without a www server I gave what I had out to people.
Since that time, much has been added to my doc pages and as far as I
know, these changes have been filtered to other's pages.