More oddities

From: Dan Egli (dan@adsl60.slkc.uswest.net)
Date: 12/28/98

I tried to do somemore debug code. I have a function that gets called when
someone tries to select a language to speak in that they are not fluent
in. Here it is:

void list_languages(struct char_data *ch)
{
char *tmp;
int a = 0, i;
sprintf(buf, "Languages:\r\n");
for (i = MIN_LANGUAGES; i < MAX_SKILLS; i++) {
if (SPEAKING(ch) == i) sprintf(buf, "*%s", buf);
sprintf(buf, "%-20s %s\r\n", languages[a++], how_good(GET_SKILL(ch,i)));
sprintf(tmp, "Itteration: %d, Language: %s\r\n", a+1, languages[a++]);
send_to_char(tmp, ch);
}
sprintf(buf, "%s\r\n* denotes currently spoken language.\r\n", buf);
send_to_char(buf, ch);
}

That refers to this array:
char *languages[] =
{
  "common",
  "troll",
  "elvish",
  "gnome",
  "dragon",
  "minotaur",
  "\n"
};
but when it runs this function, it used to simply give me the wrong
language, with the truthfull statment that I do not know that language.
Now that I added the lines that output the itteration and which language
it's checking on, it crashes the mud with a Segmentation fault.

Any ideas?

--
Warning: Unsolicited Email may result in legal action to recover $500.
By US Code Title 47 Sec.227(a)(2)(B) a computer/modem/printer meets the