[NEWBIE] Revamp of Spell/Skill System

From: Nick Stout (cyberman_64@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/02/99

By some odd chance, has anyone revamped the spell and skill system so it
allows spells to be learned by practice, but also to be gained in
groups? Like for instance...
A Warrior starts out with kick, and the usual things. But if he wants
magic, he can get another group by "gaining" it, and it raises his
exp_to_level. So he gains "Firespells", and he then has fireball,
flamebolt, and flamestrike all unpracticed. He can then practice these.
Has anyone done this? And if so, would you be willing to share an
example of how this was accomplished? I was going to put it under
spello() as int group, but i'm not sure if i should put it there, and
what good it would really do anyway.
If you've done this, i would really appretiate an e-mail to me about how
you did this, and how much is involved.
Thanks in advance.
-CyberMan