Re: [NEWBIE][CODE] act()

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/10/99

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Matthew Cooper wrote:

>I've been trying to follow the parameters that are passed to the act()
>function and can't work out what type of variables are required by it and
>when. Could someone please describe the parameters passed using a few
>examples? Such as if both the name of the mob and character are displayed to
>the character, if just the name of the character should be displayed, etc...

Look at comm.c, it'll plainly tell you the names of the variables.  Then
reading act() and perform_act() will tell you how the parameters are used.
The perform_act() will also show you what the "$x" variables do.  Then
reading the rest of the code files will show you how it's used.

I mean, what better examples can you get than actual use?

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org