Re: [OFF-TOPIC]

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 01/14/99

You'd get the same answer from both if it's one person multi-playing, using
a client like zMud that makes it easy to issue the same reply in multiple
windows, and that person is mentally too slow to realize he or she has been
tricked with slightly different math questions.

Now that the logistics are out of the way, let the opinions fly :)
If that's how you spend your time looking for multi-players, how do you have
any fun in your mud? I mean, geez, if you actually catch someone multi-
playing like this, is it worth it? Were my mud to have a no-multi-playing
rule (we allow 2 simultanious chars per person) I would simply make it
very clear from the start that players caught multi-playing will have their
characters deleted. Make the penalty not worth the crime, rather than
making the effort to find the crime not worth the outcome, in my opinion.
(Ok, so maybe I'm a little draconian ;)

Seriously though, if someone wants to multi-play there are easy enough
ways to avoid detection, particularly anyone who has a friend with a unix
shell.
Are there still free shells available on the net? A tcp/ip redirection
program is
simple to run, and several exist.