[CODE] Rnums/Vnums

From: Andrew (object@alphalink.com.au)
Date: 01/19/99

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the difference between a room Vnum and a room Rnum
is? I think I've worked out that the Vnum is the number of the room, and
that Rnum is possibly the array number in the world array.

ie, world[rnum].number == vnum;

Is this correct? Also, how would I go about eliminating prototypes from my
MUD? I want to be able to save objects/NPCs, so I was after a system whereby
if you want fifty loaves of bread, you have to actually create 50. I know
this will take up more room in the object/mob files, but at least I can save
object attributes etc.

Anyone done this?

Thanks.

----