Re: [CODE][WIN95][Cygnus GNU-Win32]

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 01/26/99

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:36:29   George wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Daniel Koepke wrote:
>
>>> Nathan Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> //F/circle30bpl14/src/comm.c:1109: undefined reference to `inet_aton'
>>> make[1]: *** [../bin/circle] Error 1
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>> BASH.EXE-2.01$
>>>
>>> Now I have had heaps of advice from people saying to do things like
>>> using #include with inet.h in the cygnus folder to several files
>>> but I keep getting the same error.
>>
>>Well, they were all wrong.  As you all should know, a call to an
>>unprototyped function generates a warning during the compilation of
>>the file containing the call (something along the lines of the
>>function being implicitly defined).  This is quite different from
>
>Except CircleMUD will provide a prototype if it didn't find one during the
>configure stage.  Not exactly sure how he ended up with the result
>of ghost function and no prototype though.

I just a few days ago downloaded the latest cygwin
beta and appearently they fixed that autoconf bug
as it works fine.
Which is curious that Nathan had problems, cause a
clean download of cygwin with a clean copy of circle
worked fine for me.
Unless he just downloaded the user utils and not the
full development package (user.exe instead of
full.exe), which is the only thing I can think of.

Either that or he has an older version of the
beta that still has some autoconf bugs.