Re: Experience

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 01/30/99

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:21:33   Shane Augustine wrote:
> Hi I added 50 mortal levels to my mud and now I'm
> trying to balance the mud, however I'm having
> difficult trying to fix the xp gained and xp to next
> level.
> Does anyone have an easy way to do this or perhaps a
> formula that can be used?

Probably the best way to proceed is to have a table
for the first 10 levels, then use a formula there
after.  Same thing for saving throws (thaco can usually
be a function for all levels).

But, since we have no idea what type of standard you
are using in terms of exp. gained for killing mobs or
how fast you want players to advance, we can't really
recommend a formula at this time.