Re: [Code] A couple things please

From: Richard Glover (magik@thegrid.net)
Date: 02/02/99

A common debugging tool in this case would be to put log("%s",
variable_in_question); statements inside the problem function in question.
You can use this to actually see what is interpreted as the target's name
and then see what the result was afterwards or why the result was NULL.
It'll take some testing, but you'll get it.

Rick

  /* third arg: player's name */
  one_argument(arg, arg1);
  if (!*arg1) {
    send_to_char(HCONTROL_FORMAT, ch);
    return;
  }
  log("Player name: %s", arg1);

  if ((owner = get_id_by_name(arg1)) < 0) {
    sprintf(buf, "Unknown player '%s'.\r\n", arg1);
    send_to_char(buf, ch);
    log("Returned 'owner' of: %d", owner);
    return;
  }