Re: Vampires as a "Feature"

From: Rodrigo Barbosa (rpedroso@inatel.br)
Date: 02/11/99

At 06:27 PM 02/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> If you are going to
>bother to put vampires in your MUD, do it right, make sunlight hurt them,

Already does.

>make them need to feed,

Finishing this implementation today.

> put in some kind of power hirearchy that may be
>more important than leveling.

Will work on it this week.

> Make it INTERESTING, not mundane!

That's what I'm trying to do with Vampires and Werewolves ...

Most new classes and races I see implemented in other muds does not bring
anything NEW to the mud. Expecialy new chalenges. That's what I'm trying to
do with CLASS_VAMPIRE and CLASS_WEREWOLF ...

My Vampire, when hit by sunlight, looses up to 10% of it's HP. During the
night,
it recovers it's HP at (gain * 2). It can feel the night approching, as
well as sunset. It will be able to go through locked door using it's smoke
form (and won't want to be hit by a magic weapon while in that form :-)).
It get BLINDNESS when in ROOM_HOLY. A lot of things of that sort.

Well, at least I think it will be interesting ...

[]s

--
Rodrigo Barbosa <rpedroso@inatel.br>
"Born to be wild !"