Re: [NEWBIE][ALLERT][Dg-Scripts] I just noticed something there, and i guess some of the new dg users should read this

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 02/26/99

At 11:15 AM 2/26/99 +0100, you wrote:
[info on force snipped]

>Ok lets take an idea for dg-scripts, ive done this allready but this will be
>a nice addon for dg-scripts:
>
>  Quest support...we added this to our scripting language and it works
>perfectly, and we can have eaven objects as quest masters :), allmost no
>restrictions to a builders ideas, except from him having to learn himself
>dg-scripts.

The upcoming pl7 has the ability of assigning (and reading) global variables
of players. (Previous versions allowed this for all except players.) As
implemented, these variables are saved to disk. (You'll need to create a
lib/plrvars directory with all the appropriate subdirectories, ala plrobjs.)
This feature alone provides tremendous support for script-controlled quests,
and can also be used to insure the same quest is not performed more than
once by any individual player.