New Snapshot

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/04/99

http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/
                or
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/

     153306 Mar  4 21:57 99030421-bpl14.patch.gz
     993098 Mar  4 21:58 99030421.tar.gz

Lots of bug fixes.  I've mostly drained my 20-odd patch queue from Rick
Glover.

I'll be reading the raw patch versus bpl14 in case I missed anything.
Please check it over, compile it, and give all the changes a whirl.  We
hope to get a release kicked out the door in the next few days. If that
fails, we should have the next week or so of off-time to do so, so it is
important to try things out. Here's everything changed since last snapshot:

3/4/99

-- gg - comm.c, structs.h, utils.h: PjD noticed that repeatedly reconnecting
        to a MUD would cause the wait state counter to be reset.  Thus it
        has been merged with the mob counter.

-- gg - act.other.c: do_split(): Fixes from Christian Loth to not lose
        money and fix the accounting among a group.  Untested but looks ok.

-- gg - spell_parser.c: say_spell(): King Mundi proposed fix so that the
        MUD doesn't go into infinite spastic loop upon unknown substring.

-- gg - objsave.c: Crash_load(): "Andrey Fidrya" <andrey@alex-ua.com> sent
        in a fix for potentially empty rent files.

-- gg - Usual batch of Rick Glover reports:
        structs.h
                room_data: 'zone' should be zone_rnum.
                index_data 'vnum' should be a 'sh_int' type.
        act.item.c
                'the $o' changed to '$p' for better clarity.
        act.wizard.c
                do_force: Mobs are now immortal subordinate.
                do_set: height/weight; "sex" set type is much less
                        complicated with search_block now.
        constants.c
                Lowercased genders[] for do_set to work ok.
        comm.c
                make_prompt: buffer length fixed to track
                        MAX_PROMPT_LENGTH changes.
        db.c
                read_mobile: Should have WARNING tag on log() message,
                        because while not a SYSERR, it is sort of bad.
        handler.c
                affected_by_spell: Fixed up comment.
        objsave.c
                gen_receptionist: HSHH() for "she"
        interpreter.c
                Remove AFF_GROUP flag in addition to PLR_WRITING, etc.

-- gg - class.c: levels(): Sean Daley <sdaley@bbnplanet.com> noticed
        I forgot _every_ 'break;' in the switch() block. :)

NOTE! We now have OpenVMS port information too. See README.OPENVMS (brief)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org