Re: Request for database parser index format input.

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/05/99

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Klaus Myrseth wrote:

>Bear with me, im just happy that finally someone do something with SQL
>database for circle.
>We had this in our todo list for our mud, but now we are changeing base to
>custom owngrown so we didnt want to use to much time on it, so CHEERS GEORGE
>:)

Actually, one neat feature of using an SQL database will be that you can
skip the entire world-loading step since it's already in the database.
That'd make for some very speedy start-up times.  There will have to be an
option to force loading from disk when things have changed, but in the
normal "crash" case, ooh boy. ;)

That said, I can't legally include a "MySQL" access module without paying
$200 for MySQL so you'll have to code it yourself from the framework of a
"generic SQL" module I can give out.  (Unless license for it changed
lately.)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org