Re: SV: [Code] waittimer

From: Bill Long (bill@longboys.net)
Date: 04/04/99

NEAL ROBINSON wrote:

> Hi all
>  I have a problem that I have been working on for a time now and cannot get it
> to work. I have adapted a portal spec that I found in snippets and would like
> to put in a time delay but like I said I cannot get it to compile,
> could you point out to where it goes in,
> ------------------------------------------------------snip------------
> #define JOINCARAVAN   301
>
> SPECIAL (joincar)
> {
>   struct obj_data *obj = (struct obj_data *) me;
>   struct obj_data *port;
>   char obj_name[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];
>
>     if (!CMD_IS("join")) return FALSE;
>
>     argument = one_argument(argument,obj_name);
>     if (!(port = get_obj_in_list_vis(ch,obj_name,world[ch->in_room].contents)))

three open parens here. four closing parens.

>  {
dont need this brace (semantics)
>       return(FALSE);
>     }
dont need this brace (semantics)

>     if (port != obj)
>       return(FALSE);
>
>         act("$n sees part of the caravan going into the desert, and joins along with it.", FALSE, ch, port, 0, TO_ROOM);
>  ------------------------------------------------snip-----------------------
> that part was from a snippet portal spec
>
> this is part of the "snake" and I thought part of this could be use part of  as a "wait"
> as I would like the PlayingCharacter to wait before the caravan came.
>
>       (number(0, 42 - GET_LEVEL(ch)) == 0)) {

what is this? part of an if statement? part of a while statement?
you have three open parens and four close parens. plus by the look of
this
you at checking for equality and you arent using and commands that check
for equality. (==). you may be missing part of the code.

> I have got the proc to work other wise.
> Thanks for any help given.
>
> Regards Neal.

bill