Re: [gdb question]

From: Chris Rehbein (lint@jhu.edu)
Date: 04/06/99

On Tue, 06 Apr 1999, you wrote:

> I got this output from gdb after a crash and have no
> #0  0xef645b60 in ?? ()Cannot access memory at address 0xef7fb3e0.

 Try backstepping through the stack to see where it called the questionable
function.  Type 'bs' at the prompt after you get this message.  You can then
use 'up' and 'down' to traverse the stack, and use 'print' to check values of
variables.  If you can't resolve any symbols, then you're essentially sol.

 I have a question of my own.. when you check cores with gdb, does it
automatically load the symbol table?  I'm in the habit of using the 'file'
command right when I load gdb up, so I'm not too sure...

 Cheers!
 Chris R.
 lint@jhu.edu