Re: NEWBIE: Running a perl conversion script

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/10/99

> [Real newbie-ish]  I downloaded the "128conv2" perl script to convert my 32
> bit world files into 128 bit files, but I can't seem to get it to work.  If
> anyone is kind enough to state the step-by-step procedures in running such
> a script in Linux, I'd be most appreciative.  Thanks in advance.

Do you have perl?  If not, you can get it from http://www.perl.org/.  If
you have an old version (I think the latest is 5.0004 or something like
that), upgrade.  If you're curious about the syntax and there's no readme
available, open up the script and look at it.  You'll probably have to run
it as, "perl 128conv2" with any additional arguments it wants.

-dak : Something completely bizarre and impractical: a "Hello, World"
       program that runs in sh, perl, or C -- it's only one program that
       can be run in any of the three.  http://dd-sh.assurdo.com/hello.c