Re: [COMPILING] what do errors mean?

From: Sean Tindall (stindall@home.com)
Date: 04/17/99

Chances are, the very first error:

act.other.c:760: parse error before `:'

Is causing most of your problems.  Parse error can propagate several more
errors throughout your code.  In this case, search for a misplaced ";"
character, extra bracket, or something like that on or before line 760.  A
"parse error" generally refers to a syntactical (correct term??) error with
the code.  Perhaps you should consider gettings yourself a C book and
learning a little more about coding errors.  You *will* come across more
errors than this when coding in C.  Parse errors, although sometimes tricky
to find, are probably the most basic error you will ever come across.

sT