Re: CODE: 128 bit conversion and MOB/AFF Flags

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 04/22/99

> On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Robert Moon wrote:
>
> >    "\0",   /* DO NOT CHANGE OR REMOVE!!!!! */
>
> Where'd this come from?  What's its purpose?  Did you add a new affect
> flag?  Affect flags should be added *after* all the
> pre-existing ones, not
> before.  But this doesn't seem to serve any purpose, as best
> I can tell.

The affects are defined in structs.h as so with this system:
#define AFF_DONTUSE             0       /* DO NOT USE!!!                */
#define AFF_BLIND               1       /* (R) Char is blind            */
#define AFF_INVISIBLE           2       /* Char is invisible            */
/* ...etc... */

This causes an ugly divide by zero if the first bit is used, so it's marked
all over the place in the code as do not use. It is, of course, a good idea
to code the OLC to not allow (or even display!) this bit to be used.

> > I can't figure out why the player affect flags are working properly
> > but the MOB flags are off.  Any suggestions is most appreciated.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Note that changing the above array as you did will *not* cause your
> mobile's to have the wrong affect flags.  It will make it
> *look* like they
> have the wrong flags.  If they do have the wrong flags, then you have

        If you coded everything right, your mob flags will be offset by one and
everything will be all messed up. You'll need to write a routine or seperate
program that converts everything from the old data to the new.
        Sorry, but I can't help with the conversion procress. At the time that I
added 128 bits, I also trashed all of the stock world. I never intended to
keep it around in the first place, so it was no big deal for me to do that.
If you intend on keeping the stock world, time to learn how to convert data.

--
Zeavon Calatin, Spear of Insanity
spear.kilnar.com:1066