Re: [OFF-TOPIC] VieMud

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 06/16/99

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, John Sherman wrote:

>     I was wondering if VieMud is up any place.

To my knowledge, VieMud was never released to the public by its authors.
But I couldn't tell you anything more beyond that.  Contact Alex Fletcher
(a.k.a., Lord of the List, and an implementor [Furry] on Vie the last I
heard) for more info (his homepage is qsilver.queensu.ca/~fletchra/).

> and clubs. But I wanted to play the real thing. I was also wondering
> if VieMud was like public domain like CircleMud,

Neither CircleMUD nor VieMud are "public domain".  Works in the public
domain do not have an associated copyright and may be used in any manner
you see fit.  CircleMUD is copyrighted, licensed software, and always has
been.  Similarly, VieMud is copyrighted, and -- as per default according
to international law -- all the rights to it are reserved to the authors
(that is, they don't need to state, "Copyright blah, blah, blah.  All
rights reserved," to make it copyrighted with all rights reserved).
Nothing is in the public domain unless the author specifically states it
is, and, even there, there may be other considerations and stipulations
that effect whether the statement is binding.  I'm not a lawyer.

> I would really like to look at some of the code :)

Write your own code.  You'll find it infinitely more fascinating.

-dak : Feels dirty for omitting the "http://" on the web site address...