Re: [OFF-TOPIC]

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/16/99

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Edward J Glamkowski wrote:

>I don't either, but before we all burst into debate
>on the issue, realize that this exact issue is one of
>the poll questions on the Ceramic Mouse site.

Yeah, wonder how it's going...

   C                           148  148 / 47%
   C++ (start fresh)            95   95 / 30%
   C++ (convert CircleMUD 3.0)  44   44 / 14%
   Perl                          7    7 / 2%
   Python                        3    3 / 0%
   Java                         13   13 / 4%
   310 total votes.

I think C wins currently.

>Agreed - keep it really basic, like it is now.
>That's the whole point of Circle, and I seem to recall
>reading on the docs somewhere that that was always the
>way it was intended to be.

I'm going the highly extensible and general route currently.

>If there's more than, like, 2 lines of code, it's
>impossible ;)

Does that mean if I put all my code on one line I can eventually get rid of
all the bugs? :)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org