Re: Running MUD in Windows

From: QA Developer (developer@csgmail.artisoft.com)
Date: 06/22/99

I've used Envy variants in Windows for years w/o problems.

I am using BPL 15 modified under MS VC++ 6.0

The main things to watch for is have routines to reboot/restart the mahines
and mud incase of a hard crash.

I have a port monitor that watches for inactivity on ports.  If my port is
not in use for x time it dows a restart.

I also use pif files to autorun the mud for normal resets.

*nix has an advantage in system recovery but win 9x/nt can be stable and
useful. Make sure all security patches are applied (just like *nix)

I like the ease of use and compilation environment.

--Dave