Re: OFF-TOPIC: Anyone using Geocities to post their code...

From: Joe DiLascio (karthos@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/30/99

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/technology/zdnet/story.html?s=v/zd/19990630/tc/19990630412

According to that, the clause exists for the purpose of web mirroring. If
they -still- tried to claim material 'submitted to any Yahoo property',
given the statements made and the nature of the license, I'd say it
wouldn't hold up in court.. and if it did, the Yahoo userbase would
drastically atrophy.

Besides, "everyone else is doing it" :p (see article)

(As you can tell from my email address I've been watching this closely :)

Joe