Re: [Code][Newbie] Set Name.. yeah yeah.

From: Chris Field (chrisf@ptd.net)
Date: 10/26/99

At 09:33 PM 10/26/99 CEST, you wrote:
>Ok i wanna add name to the set command.
>I am using Circle 3.0 bpl15 and ASCII pfiles.
>
>Now i got it to work so that when changing the name it works..
>however,
>
>When the character logs off, the new name doesn't work and the old name
>still works.
I'm going to have to say try rebooting the mud.  The index is not updated
unless the mud reboots since just changing the name doesn't update the
index.  The character creation procedures do update the index dynamically,
therefore if it is imperative that name changes take place without a reboot
steal the code from there..

>And when goin through the pfiles (ASCII), the new name are in the
>appropriate place, and the old is still in its appropriate place..
>however... in the plr_index, the new name isn't there and the old name is.
>heh

However removing the entry from the pfile if that is the case will have to
be done manually.  Basically, just set the delete flag on the player.

Finally life!