Re: [NEWBIE]Invalid names

From: David Parrott (Xama@quayles1.demon.co.uk)
Date: 11/09/99

In article <19991109114915.99414.qmail@hotmail.com>, Emil Nilimaa
<kyos_overlord@hotmail.com> writes
>Ok, heh
>
>The way this works is it you write in a file the names
>that shouldnt work.
>
>however.. if you put short names in the list, like Cy, Cye,
>Mo, Mog etc..
>It will make all names containing those strings be invalid,
>
>how do i change it to be such that it only make those names
>which only contains that particular string, and nothing else to
>be invalid.
>
>so AgCymon  would work too and Cy be invalid.   Now AgCymon gets invalid
>since its containing cy.
>
>think this is the code for it in ban.c
>
>/* Does the desired name contain a string in the invalid list? */
>  for (i = 0; i < num_invalid; i++)
>    if (strstr(tempname, invalid_list[i]))
>      return (0);
>
>Any help would be appreciated :P

I hope this helps and is kind of a question from me, would replacing
strstr() with strcmp() help? Would this not compare the whole string
rather than searching the name for a bad string?
  \  \/  / |__ \| \/\/ ||__ \    Email: xama@quayles1.demon.co.uk
   >    <  / _  |      |/ _  |     ICQ: 13313977
  /  /\  \| |_| | |\/| | |_| | Website: <Temporarily Removed>
           Hobbies: C programming, Raytracing, MUDding