[CODE] Crashing when adding new rooms.

From: Magnus Jardstam (msjm@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/14/99

Hello. I've encountered quite a problem on my MUD.
When adding new rooms with redit the MUD craches after a little while. When
checking with gdb I get following:

[mythic@hades lib]$ gdb -c core ../bin/circle
GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
Core was generated by `bin/circle -q 4499'.
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_files.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_dns.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libresolv.so.2...done.
#0  0x80ad5c5 in special (ch=0x8575370, cmd=3, arg=0x80db480 "")
    at interpreter.c:1203
1203        if (GET_EQ(ch, j) && (GET_OBJ_SPEC(GET_EQ(ch, j)) != NULL))
(gdb)

It seems like it is complaining on the GET_OBJ_SPEC define. It ONLY crashes
when adding new rooms. Editing alreay existing ones works just fine. And
when you have edited a new room and type olc to see what needs to be saved
it also crashes. I've tried everything I can (I think?!), with no result.
Oddly enough this have only happened when I run it on Red Hat and Slackware
Linux, when running it in CygWin under Windows 98 it doesn't crash because
of it.

If anyone can help me with this problem I would be greatful. So far I had to
turn off the checks for spec_procs on objects in interpreter.c to get it to
work, but then none of the objects (such as the cashcard, atm, boards, etc)
work any more.

Using bpl 14 with OasisOLC+ if that helps.

Menion of Mythic Portal (mistcastle.com 4444)