Re: system-win98

From: Shawn Daniel (shawn.daniel@the.keithco.com)
Date: 12/21/99

That presents a little problem.  You have to have the TCP/IP protocol setup
for dial in.  Your machine has to assign an ip address to the incoming
caller and then they can telnet into your machine.  It would be MUCH easier
to do it over the internet.  You dial to your isp, he/she dials to his/hers
and them you can do a "winipcfg" to get your ip address and the person can
telnet to that address at your MUD port.

If you really want to setup the dial into your computer directly....I can
layout an exact procedure for you, but on Win98, I don't know how easy it
will be.

Sure you don't want to use Win NT 4.0 Workstation or Linux?

  -= Jakken =-
   Dragon Keep
thesprawl.org:4000