Re: Repeating prompts in zMUD

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/29/99

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Brian Hartvigsen wrote:

>How can you tell them what their problem is though?  But up a text at the
>Sex prompt that says , "If you see this twice then your Client's telnet
>protocol is broken."? Is there a way to pinpoint certain clients to tell
>as not to annoy ALL the MUD players out there?  And how are they suppose
>to fix it?

I suppose you could log the input on the sex prompt and see what the bad
client returns.  Then put up a test for that value.  If you do find a
common value, send it to me and I'll include it in the base.  For now we
have a BROKEN_BUT_COMPATIBLE #ifdef in comm.c.

>Spam Zuggsoft?  Can they fix it themselves? And it's not JUST Zuggsoft..

It's fixable. Shouldn't be hard.  They probably use 'if' instead of 'while'
or something similiar.

>Do we need to tall Rapscallion and Microsoft too?

Rapscallion should be told as well. Microsoft's version should be called
TCP tunnel, not telnet...

--
George Greer            | My desktop computer project code.
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://moving.m-l.org/~greerga/