(no subject)

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 01/10/00

At 12:25 PM 1/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm wanting to have 2 command queues, one for commands
>that create lag, one for ones that don't.  I can't
>very well parse it through the command interp t check
>for a wait state, as I would have to pass char_data
>and at login, we don't have anything but a descriptor.
>  This is so that players may have queued 10 kicks, or
>20 fireballs and would still beable to see the who
>screen, and talk to the group.  Help please?

It seems to me the easiest way to do this is to have a flag for
each command in your command_info structure to indicate if
it's a command that gets executed immediately or queued. If
the command gets queued, you can create (or append it) to a
per-user command queue. This command queue can be inspected
at a time you specify (based on wait state, I would expect) rather
than immediately. If it's the first command in the queue, of course
execute it immediately, but perhaps leave it in the queue until
the wait state for it has surpassed.