Re: a couple of questions.

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/04/00

The last few message you wrote, one to find the prompt code
and second how to install it.

I believe I pointed you to where it should be located.
(and woa.. you found it?)

Second, I still consider myself a newbie! I can not write code
straight off the top of my head. I still have to copy, paste, grep
and look up snippets to find functions that I need. And lastly
I ask for help, idea's. The only code I asked someone else to write
was after I made a bare bones attempt at it, which it did work.
They cleaned it up, made it more functional. I have written code (by
looking at code, copy, and addapt) for other's also.
The kinds of questions, that have been asked recently are answered
in one of three places ftp.circlemud.org (faq's on there also),
developer.circlemud.org (faq and wtfaq on there or in snippet area's),
last but not least the archives
(http://post.queensu.ca/~listserv/wwwarch/circle.html)
I find most of my answers there!

As Axiem wrote also on this topic, some of the answers can be
found easily. Try looking for them or experimenting. Even George
has to experiment with things to see if they work. (latest change
to the telnet stuff)
Playing with the code does many things, one: Tells you what works and
what doesn't. Two: Allows you to see where things are and how they work.
Three: Gets you familiar with how others do things.

I do appologize to everyone for sounding harsh, (personal problems
lately has
me a little tight).