Re: Max stats.

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/11/00

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Axiem wrote:

> > If i want the max str/int/wis/dex/con to be 250 how do i do... i've
> > tried some ways but i can't get it working i guess i need to change
> > some data types to short or something like that.. please i need help.
>
> Well, you'd need to change the variable type, to be sure.

250 fits inside a unsigned byte's range, which is 0-255.  You can't have
negative values for the stats anyway, so there's no reason CircleMUD uses
'sbyte' and you can harmlessly change it to 'ubyte' without affecting
binary player file compatibility.  From there it seems like some work in
handler.c to fix limits and constants.c for the tables.  I think that's
all of it.

> This is a major overhaul type of thing methinks :P

Seems pretty straight-forward, albeit time-consuming.

-dak