Re: Crash Recovery Techniques

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 03/01/00

At 12:43 PM 3/2/00 +1100, you wrote:
>><snip>
>>I almost have it working, ask back in another month or so. Right now
>>I'm arguing with Mandrake 6.5 to give me some core files.... Anyone
>>here dealt with 6.5 and found the solution to that? It seems there is
>>a hard limit somewhere for 0 in the core setting.
>
>Try putting "ulimit -c <size>" in your autorun script.
>
>I have:
>  ulimit -c 14000000
>
>This will be right before the line:
>bin/circle $FLAGS $PORT >> syslog 2>&1

Actually, after spending a lot of time on it, I found the answer. For those
that might need to know this, pay attention: =)

* edit /etc/security/limits.conf and add:
"*               soft    core            2000000
*               hard    core            2000000"

(if you go over this, it doesnt seem to work, though I didnt try as close as
2000001.... this is more than big enough anyways.)

* edit /etc/pam.d/login and add:
"session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so"

Log into the server over telnet and it works. I'm working on finding a version
of SSH that will support PAM based authentication so I can start the MUD
up over SSH.

--Nathan