Re: Buffer Patch v1.9 Question/Problem (long)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/10/00

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, William A Romano wrote:

>Even so, we're seeing *HUGE* numbers of 16k buffers (see below)  I've set
>up 3 as persistent, in hopes of stopping this, but to no avail.  Our
>Syslog is also seeing a lot of activity with freed buffers of this size.

I don't know which version did it, but one of the later versions made the
buffer list useless.  That was due to it stuffing different size buffers in
the same chain but then counted them all as one type.

>Has anyone else seen this? Kind of activity? What else can I try? Where
>should I look?

Have any "forgot to release" messages? Did you turn on the memory
allocating feature?  That overrides CREATE/RECREATE to do its bidding.