Re: Buffer Patch v1.9 Question/Problem (long)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/10/00

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, William A Romano wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, William A Romano wrote:
>
>>>Even so, we're seeing *HUGE* numbers of 16k buffers (see below)  I've set
>>>up 3 as persistent, in hopes of stopping this, but to no avail.  Our
>>>Syslog is also seeing a lot of activity with freed buffers of this size.
>>
>>I don't know which version did it, but one of the later versions made the
>>buffer list useless.
>
>Does this include the show buffer command being useless? I get spammed out
>after 148 16k buffers are listed:

I meant just 'show buffers' was useless, nothing else.  It's not totally
useless, just mostly, since it claims buffers are there but the wrong
sizes.  It can be rewritten, but I didn't since it wasn't an important
function anyway.

>>Did you turn on the memory allocating feature?
>
>I tried that, several error messages. I'll look into those this weekend,
>anything else I can check?

If you have that on, all allocations go through it.

--
George Greer            | Death's Gate Scripts
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://www.mindspring.com/~heilpern/dg_scripts/