Re: [CODE] Multiple olc permissions with ascii pfiles

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 03/11/00

Josh Anderson wrote:

> I've been looking through the mailing list and found some code for having
> your builders have multiple permission settings so they can build in more
> than one zone.  (I'm using bpl16 with Oasis.)  However, that still only
> allows for a builder to have a maximum of x zones to build in and if I
> wanted them to have more than x I'd have to convert pfiles and such.  I was
> wondering if anyone who uses Oasis and ascii pfiles (Sammy's) has a way of
> letting the Imp set a builder's zones so they could have, for example, zone
> 1-10 and 12 and 15, or even all zones, rather than having just a set amount
> of zones that a builder can have as a maximum.  Also, I was trying to work
> out how the settings therefore were saved and retrieved into/from the pfile.
> Any help would be appreciated.

One method I've seen (and it's in a few patches, don't know which one
specifically) is to have the zone files contain a list of builders for
that zone.  You then check for the player in that list.  You make the
list editable by imp's within zedit and you've got a flexible way to do
it.  This does mean you need to either convert your zone files or have
some sort of version formating system on the zone files.

Chris