Re: bpl17 bitfields

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 04/01/00

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 20:08:34    Damian Jurzysta wrote:
>when trying out the bitfields version of bpl 17, I cannot use the roomflags
>command. when I type 'look' it doesnt show me any roomflags, instead it just
>dumps out whatever is in the buffer. example:
>
>this is what is different from the original code in look_at_room() in act.informative.c:
>
>  if (!IS_NPC(ch) && PRF_FLAGGED(ch, PRF_ROOMFLAGS)) {
>-    sprintbit(ROOM_FLAGS(ch->in_room), room_bits, buf);
>+    buf2[0] = '\0';
>+    sprintfield((char*)&ROOM_FLAGS(ch->in_room), room_bits, buf2);
>    sprintf(buf2, "[%5d] %s [ %s]", GET_ROOM_VNUM(IN_ROOM(ch)),
>        world[ch->in_room].name, buf);
>    send_to_char(buf2, ch);
>  } else
>    send_to_char(world[ch->in_room].name, ch);
>

> I have tried changing the sprintfield function
> into using buf instead of buf2, but it didnt
> help. other than that I have no idea what else
> to do.

I just changed the sprintfield() call to use
buf instead of buf2 and it works fine.  But,
I plan on putting a new version of the bitfield
source up later today anyway, adding in this
fix, but mainly because I realized I forgot to
update the files in the util directory.

If anyone else has found any bugs with the
bitfield code, *now* would be a good time to
let me know before I put up a new version on
the ftp site.