Re: Weapon Proficiency

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 04/05/00

> I was wondering if there was a weapon proficiency system out there.

        In short form, yes - but it's not for sale.  Even if I put the
time into diking the code out of the system, it has seriously annoying
implications.  It turns out that in my case, rewriting the entire combat
system actually did take a bit of time.  Dropping all the extras which are
specific to my mud is probably more trouble than just getting the system
itself.

        I can give you some details how mine worked though - but something
tells me that with the brevity of your message, you'd be lost without a
patch. Here are some links I turned up searching for the keyword
proficiency from developer.circlemud.org.

http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/weapon_prof.txt
http://developer.circlemud.org/1998/08/12/2334214.shtml

                                PjD