Re: weapon proficiencies and object types

From: Sigmund Hewett (siggy@MailandNews.com)
Date: 04/08/00

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> With all this talk of weapon profs, i feel compelled to
> ask a question that has stumped me for a while now.
>
> I'm trying to add a weapon prof system of my own design.
>
> I am trying to group weapons together, like one handed edged
> one handed slashing, polearms, concussion, etc..(much like
> rolemaster or MERP)

I had the same kind of problem.. I didn't want proficiencies for every single
weapon.. So I looked up in the builders docs and found one of the variables
wasn't used in weapons.. In OLC it had a future expansion for the bonus,
but I used it to tell what kind of weapon type it was.. then you just check
against that variable in the object and voila... you know what proficiency
to use....

Siggy

Even Jesus wanted a little more time,
  When he was walking spanish down the hall