Re: Player Lists

From: Caniffe (caniffe@caniffe.org)
Date: 04/30/00

Hello,

> I want to add to my web site a page which lists all of the players which are
> currently playing. And also one which lists all players which have been
> created(Imp use). Not being a great coder i have a good idea but no code.

There's two snippets which may aid your pain entirely.

The first is known as 'players'.  It lists all players in the playerfile to the
mud (which, is a lil' more secure if you know what I mean).

The other (in fact, I believe there's two of them) is known as 'who2html'.  It
simply regenerates the same output 'who' would provide within the MUD, in HTML.

All are obtainable from your first port of call,
http://developer.circlemud.org

Click on Snippets.

(NB: They may have been moved to CircleFTP, though - scroll down and you'll see
a large block of things on the right hand side - and I mean a large block -
you'll find 'em).

--
Julian "Caniffe" Buckley
http://www.caniffe.org