Re: OasisOLC and mobprogs?

From: Isac Jinton (toxez@extra.netlink.se)
Date: 05/10/00

> > >running on bpl17? And if so, where can i find them?
> > >Ive  tried to patch the mobprogs from the circlemud ftp site
> > >but im not doing very well... Well im just curious
> > >because i really need mobprogs, :-)
> >
> > Use dg_scripts instead.  They work for items and room as well as mobs and
> > allow a more complex scripting(IMHO).  You should find a copy of dg_scripts
> > with OasisOLC 2.0 on Ceramic Mouse - developer.circlemud.org.  Hope this
> > helps
> >
>         Of course, it's more difficult to switch over all your current
> working mobprogs.  There's no good reason you can't have both of course.
> From what I garnered though, while trying to get Oasis OLC 2.0 to patch
> cleanly into bpl17, Oasis OLC 2.0 is setup in the same manner as previous
> Oasis releases to use mobprogs once you declare the correct defines.
>
>         So, fix the rej's, and everything should be kosher.
>

>                                                 PjD

Thank you for your answers. Btw Patric i got Oasis to patch with my mud, and when i looked in like oasis.h or soemthing like that, it said something like this: Define this to yes if you have mobprogs, get mobprogs at ftp.circlemud.org
So what i know, there isnt mobprogs in that Oasis version yet (2.0). And the latest days ive been alot better in coding, and ive added alot of code, and i dont want to do everything over again, but ill look at dg scripts, and see if its good.
:-)

Thank you, Isac