Re: [CODE]

From: Glover, Rick I. (RIGLOVER@PHJW.com)
Date: 05/19/00

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Dube [mailto:brian_dube@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 2:38 PM
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
Subject: [CIRCLE] [CODE]

I have two questions that I can't find the answers to..

1) I don't see how nanny() reads a CR after the MOTD because all
CON_RMOTD does is print the menu and switch to CON_MENU

2) I can't find how/where socials are being implemented. Didn't
socials used to have their own entry in the command list? Despite
that, I can't find anything in the way commands are called that
would take care of socials (including special())

I apologize if these are dumb questions but I've been working with
Circle code a long time but just recently started again with a more
recent patch level.

-----Reply-----

Question 1) nanny() doesn't read CR input, comm.c does.  comm.c handles all
input and output from/to the network connections.  Input and output is
queued and when it comes time in game_loop to process_input then
process_output they get received and sent.  send_to_char() doesn't actually
send stuff right away, it is attached to the descriptor's output string and
then sent in game_loop().

Question 2) socials are half in a file called lib/misc/socials and the rest
are in act.social.c.  You need to put the command information in
interpreter.c so that a user can actually type it in, but it's handled by
the function do_action().  Read /doc/socials.doc for more information.

Rick